IU Bloomington’s new students and their families are cordially invited to attend this year’s New Student Induction Ceremony for an official welcome and introduction to the Indiana University community.
When: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.
(Doors will open at 8:30 a.m., please be seated by 9:45 a.m.)
Why attend? This ceremony in IU Bloomington’s legendary basketball arena is the perfect way to launch your college career. Receive your official IU Promise pin. Hear from IU President Pamela Whitten, IUB Provost Rahul Shrivastav, and the President of the IU Student Government. Learn about on-campus organizations and resources for undergraduates. Enjoy music and refreshments.
What to wear? Come as you are! Although there will be some pomp and circumstance on the stage, casual attire for all attendees is fine, and in fact, recommended.
While at the ceremony: Share your favorite photos of exploring campus or move-in and see yourself on the big screen during the ceremony! Family members are encouraged to share best wishes for your new student. Post on Instagram with the hashtag #New2IUB or text photos and messages to 864-365-1829.
The Indiana Promise
I promise that:
- I will be ethical in my academic work.
- I will take personal responsibility for what I say and what I do.
- I will respect the dignity of others, treating them with civility and understanding.
Resources for new students
All of these offices are here to support and help you as you become a university student. We’ll tell you more about each of them at New Student Induction, but you can get a head start by checking out their websites.
- Office of First Year Experience Programs and Summer New Student Orientation
- Division of Student Affairs
- Culture of Care
- Hutton Honors College
- Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
- University Division
- Residential Programs and Services
- Office of the President of Indiana University
- Office of the Provost
- Honors Convocation
- International Services
Office of University Events1000 E. 17th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 812-855-3762
Office of First Year Experience ProgramsEigenmann Hall 219
1900 E. Tenth Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 812-855-1319