IU 2021 grads--don’t miss our graduation cap decorating contest! Now’s the time to get creative as you can!
Design Your Grad Cap for a Chance to Win
2020 Entries For All Campuses
As a member of the IU Class of 2021, we know you’ve worked incredibly hard to reach Commencement. You earned your degree and deserve to celebrate with everyone who has helped you on this journey.
Graduation cap decorations are a time-honored tradition. This creative rite of passage has been a longstanding Commencement activity at IU. Along with many other virtual activities, we invite you to participate in the graduation cap decorating contest.
- A variety of prize packs with an approximate retail value up to $400.
- Amazon gift cards, IU swag, and more!
- Prizes will be mailed to the winners.
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Monday, April 26, through Wednesday, May 5.
How to Enter:
- Take a photo of your decorated graduation cap (mortarboard). Horizontal photos work best.
- Post it to your Instagram or Twitter account (remember to make your post public so we can find it).
- Tag your post with #IUgradcap21.
- Follow the contest on Instagram and Twitter.
- 2021 undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to participate.
- Entries open at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, April 26, and close at midnight on Wednesday, May 5.
- Only one photo will be accepted per student.
- Photos with two or more people will not be eligible for prizes, but may be shared on IU’s social media accounts.
- Entries must be entirely original, created by the submitting graduate, and may not violate any third-party rights. Caps that have been submitted to previous contests will not be considered.
- Please keep your submissions in good taste. Offensive or disrespectful submissions will not be considered for prizes.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, May 7, on our Instagram and Twitter accounts, this website, and by direct message.
- Winners will be selected by representatives of the Commencement team.